Monday, July 5, 2010

Blog Post 9

An Open Letter To Education
I really enjoyed watching Dan speak in the video. I agreed with him in many ways ;however there are some things he said that I did not agree with. I agreed with him how education is not the same and it needs to be changed. I do think we have "lost sight to what education really is" because education is still the same even with all of this new and avanced technology. All of my classes except for this class is about lecturing.

Dan also said that "it's about empowering our students to make a difference in the world." Well, if students are not able to use their skills and talents then they will not know how to share them with others. Many classes are not hands on; therefore there is no interaction with the students.

Even though there are many things that could change in our education system, I do not think it is right to just drop out. Even though most classes are boring, I do not think that someone should give up and drop out. Maybe, we should all try to do something to try to change the education system. Instead of just talking about, let's start acting and MAKIING a difference to the world.

ALEX


ALEX is a communal database of lesson plans created and posted by teachers.The database is searchable by traditional subject areas as well as todays areas that include technology education, and information literacy. It is designed to index and share many types of educational materials and information through a time-saving, one-stop resource for educators, parents, and students. Most of these resources (lesson plans, Web links, and interactive activities) are located and connected to the Alabama Courses of Study by National Board Certified Teachers You can creat an account and have your own personal workplace. ALEX will continually grow.

1 comment:

  1. "Let's start making a DIFFERENCE in the world"! I agree!

    My "canned" comment for this post:

    I decided that we all need a slight bit of a "holiday" for the 4th. So you got to skip C4C Number 9; my associates got to skip comments on your post due 7/5 (Bayda, ALEX AND ACCESS); and I am doing this "group" comment for everyone who posted on time or by the "corrected” date (tonight at midnight) which means that if you get this message you were recorded as having submitted your post on time. I thought that your posts on Morgan Bayda's blog were good. Some were especially interesting and generated a personal email from me.

    We are moving into the final two weeks of the term. Only one more full week exists before the week in which your final project is due. It should be a significant project that demonstrates many of the tools you have learned to use and skills you have acquired in EDM310. It must be collaborative. If you have any questions about this project we should discuss them in lab tomorrow (Thursday July 8, 2010). There are only 12 days left in which to complete your final projects!

    ReplyDelete