Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mrs.Cassidy's Video

I really enjoyed watching how Ms.Cassidy's approach of using technology in a classroom. When I become a teacher, I will use the Smartboard for interaction with the kids. As seen in my previous video, I do not think Smartboards are useful with older kids; however I want to teach the second grade, so I think a Smartboard is a good way for students to learn. I also would use computers.

In the video, the students used the computers for great edcational sites such as reading. I think this is a great way for students to learn. I also think it's great how they use blogs and skype. The students can communicate with other students and learn from them I will use this because students need to be able how to use technology since it is growing so fast. Also, I think it's great how the students would make their own videos. Not only were they interested ,but they were learning as well.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent points Katie. She does keep these kids interested. Even though the technology is outstanding we must not loose sight of the fact that a good teacher (coach) does make a big difference. Ms. Cassidy is a good example of this. Without her to guide this show all the technology would be just stuff. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,

    I like smartboards as well, and I agree with you that they would be better used in the lower level classrooms. One thing I picked up on was that the students in this video were learning to write using blogging. That concept blew my mind. Great Post!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete